Yucca Petals with Bacon & Broccoli
March 01, 2018
- 4 cups of yucca petals
- 1/2 pound chopped bacon
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the stem from under blossom with care. Just remember the safety tips to prevent any injury.
- Pull the flowers off and remove the petals.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat fry chopped bacon until crisp and set aside on paper towel leaving the bacon grease in pan.
- Add yucca petals and broccoli directly to the bacon grease adding salt and pepper to taste. Cook until broccoli is tender stirring occasionally.
- Add the chopped bacon and 1/4 cup heavy cream and cook over medium-high heat for another 3-5 minutes .
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese on top and serve.