Mesquite Fried Yucca Blossom
- Flowers from yucca blossom 12-15
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup mesquite bean flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup soda water - cold
- 1 egg
- Oil for frying
- Set paper towels underneath a dish to dry the fried flowers.
- Cut the flowers leaving a little bit of the stem.
- Heat your oil in a pot to at least 360°F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl then add egg, baking soda and soda water and mix until frothy.
- Dip the yucca flowers in batter then into hot oil one at a time, try not crowd the pot. Fry until golden brown flipping the flower once during the frying process.
- Drain and set aside on a dish with a paper towel to dry.
- Serve immediately by itself (Because mesquite bean flour provides wonderful and natural sweetness to the batter.) or with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!